SOLD REMOVE PLEASE 2018 bmw m5 demo msrp $129,795

, , ,

I believe the overall consensus and sentiment is that the car was driven HARD. Of course if you’re leasing and plan on using it as a rental to stunt on some people, then you shouldn’t worry too much. The only scenario where I believe it might get interesting is a back ordered part where the car is undriveable or some other scenario like that. Then you’re stuck with an undriveable car and still paying for it. I highly doubt any dealer will have another m5 loaner for you to drive while you’re waiting.

Never thought of that. Do M5/M6 owners get at least something like a 5 series or an X5 as a loaner in the event their car is down for an extended period of time? If it were me, I’d be pissed if they handed me a 320i.

When my F-Type was in the shop for 3 weeks they gave me a base XE 25t

its another 5 series, but not an m5. some dealers might have 550s, but most would probably make you take a 540

Depends on the dealer. Most likely no m5 but def could be a 7 series.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

But that could happen with any car. Your Giulia or Stelvio could be in the shop and they give you a Fiat

I really don’t think it’s a big deal if it’s a press car.

1 Like

Looks pretty identical to me

1 Like

I agree. Was just interested in hearing people’s logic. I know on press cars they go above and beyond on the maintenance too. If any issue is discovered they alleviate it fast as they obviously don’t want to look bad.

1 Like

I bought a new one in 2009 for $1077 with only $500 out of pocket total. That was with TX taxes. It had some crazy $20k rebate or something. We loved that car. The sticker was less then…$99,900.

That was a decade ago.

1 Like

My point was that isn’t a good deal. Taxes aren’t even in it and there is $ down. Better deals can be done on a new car.

You deal was a decade ago. If you want to call this a bad deal based on something found within the last year or so, that’s fair. But 10 years ago?

2 Likes

Math doesn’t change. No way I am paying over a 1% rule on any lease. It’s not a great lease according to the rules of leasehackr.

1. If you are suggesting residual, MF, and rebates don’t change you are incorrect.

2. I don’t believe you have learned the “Rules” of leasehackr over a 11 day time period of visiting. The 1% rule is a very loose guide for shopping which is in many cases impossible to achieve, or even in some cases can be a bad deal. Like you mentioned you got a 20k rebate 10 years ago.

5 Likes

1% rule is a myth

1 Like

Math doesn’t change…but the residuals, mf and lease cash surely do. The 1% rule is dumb. You’ve been here a month and are telling people it’s not a great lease “according to the rules of Leasehackr?” What are these rules you speak of? Lastly, comparing a sale from 10 years ago to today is just plain silly.

3 Likes

In all honesty, comparing deals from anything prior than the current month is silly. Numbers change…it is what it is. My 300 xt5 can’t be replicated today. Does that make a 375 xt5 a bad deal? No, because numbers changed significantly and that’s out of anyone’s control. Discount and buy rate is all you can hope to control. Everything else is set.

1 Like

First rule of Leasehackr:

There are no rules to Leasehackr

A good deal, like a good steak, or a good drink, or a good wife, or a good flight—all in the eyes (and wallet) of the person accepting the deal.

I glance at the 1% rule as a place to baseline. It’s nowhere near hard and fast. And seems to me the higher end the car, the more difficult it is to attain.

5 Likes