2018 BMW 540i xDrive Loaner - Realistic Expectations?

What would realistic expectations be for the car listed in the title? It’s a 2018, MSRP $72k, just over 3000 miles.

I don’t have loyalty, but wife works for a company with a fleet discount.

Looking for 36/10. I believe the MF/RV are as follows: .00152/61% and I’m in WI, 5.1% tax rate :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Fleet won’t apply to a loaner.

This should give you an idea.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=forSaleTab_true_0&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c26507&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=c26654&zip=63303&distance=50000&searchChanged=true&priceDropsOnly=true&bodyTypeGroupIds=9&maxMileage=5000&modelChanged=true&filtersModified=true

Residual is same on 2017s. You will do much better on a 2017 if you can locate something that works.

I got offered around 300 over invoice minus 5k in incentives 76k msrp in dec

Unfortunately, it looks like only 1 '17 model 540 xdrive is available and it’s a one owner, so not leaseable.

I haven’t started any negotiations yet, because I’m not sure where to start. It looks like people are showing lease cash available, but I don’t see anything listed for the 540 on autobytel right now.

fleet does apply to a loaner. I know because I did it

The 24 month will probably be a better lease. At least it was for my 530 loaner.

If there is enough incentives the 24 month will knock the payment down substantially monthly

YMMV, but in my experience the discounts on the 2018 loaners were not yet enticing. I think you’ll have trouble exceeding a $10,000 discount pre incentive on a 2018 540 with relatively low miles. Factoring in the residual hit and lack of fleet, the monthly won’t be great.

Dealer might have goofed in your favor? @BMW_Dave says in his great post that it doesn’t apply to retired loaners.

1 Like

Yeah the dealer made an error and ended up taking the additional loss once they realized it. Happened to me before. Lol

1 Like

When I get back in the office on Tuesday I can cut/paste the verbiage right off the bulletin if you need me to. There’s been a lot of confusion regarding this so I’m happy to help.

@BMW_Dave, here you are,…

BMW Pre-Owned vehicles, BMW Company Vehicles, Extended Test Drive, Shuttle or Limo, and Retired Service Loaner Vehicles are not eligible. The Corporate Fleet incentive cannot be used in conjunction with (CCA) Car Club of America Program, College Program, Group Partner & Family Program, European Delivery Program, Diplomatic and Embassy Program, Military Sales Program (USAA), Limousine & Hotel Shuttle Program and / or VIP Purchase Program. Previously reported vehicles with more than 300 miles are not eligible.

1 Like

not sure where he got that info from but I don’t see any comment in the fleet site below that a retired loaner is not eligible.
https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/fleet_program/fep_overview

is the change effective immediately or from March?

My apologies :’( I meant it for Mercedes. Sorry for all confusions I made.

1 Like