2018 BMW 530e loaner feedback

You got from concord, didn’t you? :stuck_out_tongue:

Modesto actually

I agree with your rebate assessment. It has to be 2500 less than new for it to be worthwhile but at the same time, New 2018 are like 5-6 left in the whole state now.

I think you should include tax in your overall payment. So to me it is 570. At any other point in the year I would say, yeah it’s good. It’s just now that I think you can still do better.

Definitely look at 24 months.

But also, one other thing. To me, I think I’m highly focused on every last drop I can squeeze out of the lemon. I get a sick joy out of that :slight_smile: But…let’s just say you overpay by even 100 a month (if that’s even possible to do)…that’s 2400 over 2 years and maybe the headache and time suck isn’t worth pursuing it.

Absolutely people should include tax in their payments when they post them and they also need to compare leases on similar terms (MSRPs, mileage/ RV, and impact of MSDs). Unfortunately, my utility doesn’t offer any of the rebates a lot of people here are getting so I can’t use that perk like some of the other posters.

Thanks for the feedback. I looked at 24 months. It’s coming out to be more expensive. the 15K mile lease messes with the residual too much.

I hear you. I like to go in person to dealers and make them sweat a little :smiley: . I push a lot on deals but you get a sense of when they won’t budge. I originally tried to get 17% off and they countered with 15% and wouldn’t budge. Its rare to find demos with M sport and all the goodies and they know that. I’m sure if it was a service loaner vs. executive demo I’d have more room to haggle. I spend at least 2 hours a day in my car so I’m okay with paying a 2% premium.

I searched for 2018s within a 250 mile radius and found 5. I didn’t look out of state. I dont care to deal with shipping the car and not seeing the car before it ends up in my driveway. 3 cars were at Murietta and 2 were at BMW Santa Maria. BMW Murietta offered me 12% off on a 2018 non loaner before incentives. They have 3 in stock and only one in a color combo I’d want to drive for the next 3 years. Their 12% off isn’t that great considering I was able to get a 2019 for 10% off with almost no negotiation.

I looked at deals that people were getting on 2018 demos and found only 1 post on this forum of someone getting more than 15% off.

I’m in socal but my utility isn’t edison, it’s glendale water and power and they arent offering any rebates for the car…only $500 forwards a level 2 charger. I woulnt even get close to the purchase rebates others are getting through their utilities.

I im in Norcal, and i believe like 6-7 dealers here, spread over a large distance. I can’t walk into socal ones and try to push it. Not much left here on 2018s.
But because of EV rebates, it might be better to get a new and get 2500 more back than get a loaner, that’s what I’ve seen.

Most I can get back in rebates is 2300 (1500 CVRP and 800 if I join Bmwcca). That just covers my drive off so it ends up effectually being 0 DAS. If i had the other 1k from Southern California Edison then it would be totally worth the 2019.

For 2019s. I’m at 10% off from a friend whose a broker and it’s at 645 a month for a 59k msrp car.

I’m at 645 a month for the loaner if you roll in the $ due at signing. Same payment but the new car is 3k less so you have to factor that in. That adds roughly 50 a month to the payment.

2019s have $500 less in rebates which isn’t that big of a deal. If I can get a 2019 for 12-14% off (another 1-2k) then it’ll be worth it.

I have a dealer at 14% off MSRP for 2019s, new, which im like are you serious? But at the same time, If I wanna get a 2019, I might wait 6 months and get additional New Grad that I would be eligible for.

Haha nice! What city? They must be trying to hit a sales goal.

Nobody has come close to to the 10% the broker has. Salesperson sounded like I was a crazy for asking for below invoice (they offered 5%). Makes you realize what the average person is paying for these cars.

Funny thing is, I talked to Henderson for a new 2018, and they offered me 5%, im like bro, 2019s are seeing higher discounts, what universe are you living in. DM me and we can talk offline if you want. Overall, 2019 is a very good deal but its still slightly more than a 2018 in terms of $$