2018 BMW 340i 36/12 Lease

First offer from local dealer on '18 340i MSport.

MSRP - $58,560
Sale Price - $54,628 (6.7% discount)
Incentive - $2,000 lease cash
Drive off - $1,561 ($739 first mo pmt + $822 licensing)
$925 Acq Fee
$399 Doc Fee
$651 “Other” Fees (backed into on the calc; need to get clarification but perhaps tax on incentive?)
60% RV
0.00156 MF
36/12k lease
Monthly payment = $739

In my head I was targeting 10+% off MSRP for an all-in monthly payment of around $650. Think I can get there or am I dreaming of getting such a discount?

739 is too expensive for a 3 serie. I think there is more room to negotiate, you might need to research the forum more.

There are some loaner 340 going for 440 a month… some people doesnt want loaner or demo car, they might follow the 1 percent rule which is monthly payment included tax shoudnt be more than 580 in your case with this car.

1 Like

Regarding the 1% rule, I imagine that is a pre-tax target?

What region are you in that it’s only 2000 lease cash? I thought it was $3000 nationwide pretty much.

This is the deal I received a few weeks ago on the 340i x drive, but decided to go with the Giulia instead:

Definitely check out that thread for the link to the bmw code for $100 off. I want to say it was like $17 per month to go from 10-12k miles.

1 Like

I am in AZ. I swore it was $3k too but when the dealer mentioned $2k I checked bmwusa.com for my zip code and that’s what it said there as well.

Thanks for the link; just entered the sweepstakes and will be on lookout for the code.

Your deal was close to 10.5% off MSRP before incentives so I definitely have some fat to cut out yet.

Funny, I keep wavering on the Giulia myself but some mental block is keeping me from fully committing.

Check out this thread regarding 1% rule… the dealer is giving you 1st pencil, most is 2nd pencil, still lots of room to negotiate…

1 Like

Do yourself a favor a get your car from California Arizona dealers will kill you you will save thousands

+1. Do not buy cars in Arizona.