2018 BMW 330I Loaner 2600 miles - $399 Good deal?

Hi Hackrs. I’m new here and wanted to get your thoughts on this deal I’m working on.
$399.18 (including 7% tax) a month for 24 months 10k miles.

Total due at signing is first month’s payment and the security deposit (MSD) of $2,800; total due is $3,199.18
MSRP 49,935
Residual is 32,409.35

Money factor .00162

$36,893.48 selling price of the car after rebates (corporate discount included, OL not available in my area - Chicagoland).

fees that are rolled in;

$179.81 Documentation fee

$196 License plates

$25 electronic filing with the state

$925 Acquisition fees

Highly appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Shimi

I’m relatively new here myself, but is the dealer padding the monthly? The selling price and MF look pretty good, but $399 (even incl tax) seems kind of high given the other numbers.

What does the LH calculator give you as the monthly when you plug in the numbers?

I’m not sure I plugged in all the numbers correctly.

what is the sale price BEFORE incentives?

Mine has almost the same MSRP and I’m paying $340 for 24/10k with only DMV and first month paid at signing ($500). Incentives are better now, as is the MF after MSDs (MSDs weren’t allowed back in December when I got mine).

If you are doing max MSD, they are marking up the MF (should be .00142 after 7 MSDs) and hard to gauge the discount since incentives aren’t broken out. Also lease cash and other factory incentives are typically taxed, so important to know. They can certainly take the OL if they want, at least $500 since that is funded by BMW, and east coast dealers have taken west coast codes in my experience.

The RV in your calculator is wrong as it would be 66% minus the mileage penalty of 25 per mile over 500, or just add the penalty to the sale price.

Also, with 3 series it typically makes sense to drop the acquisition fee and bump the MF .0005 which BMW allows.

Overall, a so-so deal from what I can tell. You need the deal sheet from them to understand where it can be improved.

1 Like

Is it 10k or 12k miles per year?

You can do much better and get a 6 cylinder.