2018 BMW 330e. Discount off MSRP

Oh, I’m interested in hearing your guys’ comparison of the two! I went back and forth between those two models for a while before deciding on the 5.

They should burn the 530e to the ground. The 330e is good if you want a cheap alternative daily driver. The tech in the 530e is usually better in demos I have noticed. The 19 330i actually drives much better but nobody is hacking it the way it deserves to be hacked.

What makes you say that?

Any way you can get out of this deal? That’s too much money to pay for 330e! Why are both of you guys paying 300+ for a 330e whereas lease hackers have done almost half that???

i got my 2018 white with black interior BMW 330e
with 4100 miles from crevier bmw DEMO LEASE
total due at signing was 1350 plus 7 msd which is 2100.
grand total $3450
12k 24m lease
monthly payment tax in $296

I am trying to understand the disparity between the above and this

I don’t think we can get out of it, but those deals that you are referring too are always demos or loaners I couldn’t find one plus I’m in the Phoenix area we don’t get any incentives like California or Texas. Also doesn’t help that we only have three different dealers in the entire valley. So negotiationating is not as good here also.

Can I just get an answer to this?

Why are you and others fawning over a 330e? At below 200 sure - my options are very tight so it makes sense. At 300+…why?

its impossible unless they lower the selling price i went back and forward with them for 3.5 weeks.

most of those deals including OL code and other incentive does not add up with California.

if you think you can get one cheaper let me know i will get 2 more today

I had one priced for 275 all-in with tax in California. Numerous others posted the same (actually better than that). You are just late to the game.

And it doesn’t answer the question - why are you interested in this car at that price? Short of a brand I just am not understanding this. A lot of the ones people are posting now are 300+ and don’t even have navigation. So is it just on the brand alone? It’s an honest question because I’m wondering if I’m missing something.

Whats the msrp and selling price?

If you read some previous 330e threads from earlier this year, dealers had WAY more demo units and we’re trying to get them off the lot (presumably to make space for the new 330i).

It was mentioned by many brokers that those same deals are not as easy to come by due to the reduction in inventory. Maybe that partially answers your question!

1 Like

So work backwards… suppose somebody is happy with a 1% lease deal and they are getting them with these, then the real value of a 330e is about $35k. That sounds right to me from driving mine for a month. Should have never been a $50k car, but $35k would be fair.

Or put another way, what else could somebody who wants to dip their toes into the electric car waters get for around $350/mo?

1 Like

i’m sure its not with 9.5 tax rate @ 12k miles vs 10k miles.

I’ve been negotiating on a former loaner one but they aren’t doing much to entice me to get a 330e
The best offer so far was 330+tax with 750 drive off.
This car has M-Sport package but also was apparently damaged and has had 14k in repairs.

Maybe just going to have to hold out for the 2019 3-series or go with a different brand/car altogether

That was 10k miles. Including tax. 12 meant 25 more a month. Again I think you are late to the game and the price you paid is not what I’d recommend someone else pay.

Better answer and makes sense somewhat. Except I will say I think the Volt and the e-golf could be had for cheaper and come with CarPlay at least. I also think it has better range than 330e. You would probably know better though since you’ve been driving daily.

In my humble opinion, these cars didn’t sell so well, had poor range and all of a sudden folks got amazing deals on them so it made it totally worth it. At 300+? Eh. MSRP means less to me in terms of the value I associate with it. I wanted to find out if others are thinking differently and you’re the only one who answered well I think.

1 Like

I was looking at the 330e just as I would love to be able to keep the car on without wasting/burning gas and have my dog hang out in the A/C when doing some short errands.
He loves being in the car and doesn’t mind being alone in there, at home he gets separation anxiety.
I guess he’s a car guy in a dog’s body lol

Anyways the 330e m-spot seemed like the best of both worlds between a car that could still be fun and sporty but also fulfill that task.
For the prices they are asking now though especially after seeing what others have paid which were much better deals, it is a hard sell.

Just my personal thoughts on why this particular car is valuable…I’d much rather drive a 340i or the like :wink:

:slight_smile: that batter won’t last you long…only a few miles per charge. Also I think the m sport package isn’t worth it if you look into what exactly you get. Meaning I would pick some other things before I got that. I also wouldn’t take a car that’s been in an accident without a huge discount.

I think if you see a good deal at the right time you jump on it within that week. This deal was first spotted in Feb at a significant discount to what people are getting now. Be patient, do the work, and you’ll get yours.

I haven’t driven an e-golf, but the 330e is much better than the Volt in my opinion.

Now, I wouldn’t pay $350+ for a 330e, but around $300 would be very fair.