2018 BMW 328d Lease in CA - Please help me do better before I sign

Dealer: BMW of Encinitas, CA.
Car: 2018 BMW 328d sedan (no xdrive, but loaded with all the msport options I want).
MSRP: $55,110.
Dealer Sales Price: $48,788.
Terms: 36 months / 15k miles / MF .00177 / no money down.
Tax: 3% (I am registering the car in north carolina).
Incentives: $6500 (BFS March lease deal credit = $4500, military usaa insurance credit = $1000, and BMW lease loyalty credit = $6500.
Fees: registration and other dealer admin = ~$700.
Acquisition Fee: $925.
My credit rating: 809.

Dealer provided me with an original calculated monthly payment of $481. This made no sense to me, as my leasehackr calculator came well under that, at $453, so I assume there are some hidden fees not being broken out to me by the dealer. I really want this exact VIN, so I walked off the lot to play hardball, with the intent to return ar some point. Right now I want to ensure I am not cutting off my nose to spite my face. On the lease terms. The dealer has called me back a few times, I want to go back this week and get the car…but negotiste a monthly payment closer to $450 or less for the lease.

My leasehackr calculator summary link appears at the bottom of this post.

I feel I should be able to talk the dealer down to $47,000 sales price, as the car is a 2018 model, sitting on their lot for over a year. It only has 150 miles on it. And it is a diesel, of which BMW no longer makes 2019 and beyond in 3 series. Does anyone feel strongly that I can get the dealer to come down to another ~$1,800 to get a sales price of $47000 or even below? Anyone here have recent success with a 2018 3 series new diesel?

Also, at first pass, the dealer did not want to waive any fees. I assume I can apply 7 x MSDs to drive down the MF rate so more. Anything else I should do to drive the sales price or monthly payment down? Press harder to get them to waive the acquisition fee?

What do you all think overall?

Is there quote with zero drive-offs? That would take it closer to the price they quoted also should confirm the mf they are using.

You should be using .00177 for the MF. Yeah clarify what the DAS is for the $481

I feel like there should be more discount on a unit that’s been on the lot for over a year. Are you married to the car or the deal? If they won’t budge it might be time to move on.

Agree for a diesel this old and only a 2.0l it’s not crazy to target another $2k discount and get the payment to low $400s, especially with a CA dealer. It might be the final month of lease support so you might want to leverage that.

Thank you all for the advice. What does this statement mean and how do I determine before I return to the dealership if this is the case? Thank you in advance!

BMW is going to end lease support on 18s very soon, and may do so by the end of this month (historically speaking). That said, nobody outside of the ones making those decisions inside BMWFS knows for sure. If a dealer tells you otherwise, they’re giving you BS in all likelihood. They don’t know until BMW provides that info…the morning the new programs begin.

1 Like

Thank you for this. I have it baked into my strategy for Wednesday. I will let you all know how it goes

Word is they’re extending thru April. But regardless, the discount on this car needs to be bigger. We’ve seen some major good deals on the diesel recently

Unless this is the last one they have, and they’re treating it like a pot of gold.

I’ve heard that rumor too, but that could change too.