2018 Audi SQ5 Lease

In the exact same boat!
You are getting the same numbers I have found.

Try a broker: @Mitchellautofinder or a forum sponsor: @IvanAudi

I tried and tried hoping for a $600 deal but can’t find one after scouring the So Cal dealers or using a broker.

Now I am looking at financing a CPO SQ5 because at least subvented financing reduces the cost of the monthly.

You may have to go the CPO route if you want a better deal on your “terms”.

I actually prefer the CPO models because they are the original SUPERCHARGED engines with real exhaust tips. Supercharged engines last longer due to the cooler air compression compared to turbos that use hot exhaust air compression.
The '18 MY have the turbos and fake exhaust panels which sort of cheapens it IMO.

While I actually prefer the exterior of the previous generation sq5 to the new one (including the use of real exhaust tips), and I don’t think the new turbo engine is any better than the supercharged 6, the interior of the new models is light years better than the old. Even if you don’t get the virtual cockpit, it’s a huge difference.

Do not get a cpo previous generation just because you can’t get a $600/mo lease deal on a new one.

A $600/month lease exists if you qualify for loyalty and are willing to use MSD or one pay. Also, you’re gonna need to find an msrp around 61k or less. Not happening on a prestige.

If you are in Los Angeles, try Beverly Hills audi if Ivan can’t get you the deal you want.

2 Likes

EU law means no more real exhaust tips on euro cars, which is a great shame. Not sure about the top mounted Maclaren tips on some of their cars though.

S4 and s5 all have real exhaust tips though. Sq5 is manufactured in Mexico. How does eu law affect only sq5?

They won’t change the design based on where the car is built and the law is there to stop them getting too hot and people burning themselves. See stupid to me. Perhaps the S4 and S5 were built/designed before the stupid law came in or perhaps they don’t get hot enough.

600 payment does not exist on SQ5 unless you put bunch of money down.

S5 and S4 exhaust tips only function with one pipe on in normal driving mode I believe. When you put it in dynamic, all 4 open up, but it’s far more common for manufacturers to use flaps and valves to restrict which tail pipes are active.

If you pay close attention to unwashed S4/5, you’ll notice that only one side of the exhaust tips are covered in soot. The other side barely any, unless the driver is constantly in dynamic mode.

Also, traditionally I’ve seen supercharger engines wear out faster than turbocharged engines due to power being pulley-driven. However, torque is more immediate on a supercharged engine for the very same reason. Advantages/disadvantages

I love the way the SQ5 looks from the previous generation. I think it has so much character.

Any citation for the EU law? I thought manufacturers were doing fake exhaust vents to reduce the amount of carbon buildup on bumpers.

There are a couple examples here of sq5’s around $600/month with just standard drive offs ($1500 or so). As I mentioned, only way to get there though is with MSD.

17 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

Not true at all. I just signed a $63.5k SQ5 for low $600s with standard DAS and MSDs. Even with MSDs out of the equation the deal would never eclipse $675 and my scenario had negative equity rolling over.

@Todd_Alvandi your goal should be at least 15% between dealer discount and incentives. With cash on the model and Season of Audi you should be around $2,750 in incentives but you can confirm your region on Edmunds. If you have an Audi already add another $1k. Many SQ5 deals have been done here with dealer discounts in the range of 10% - 12%. I managed 11% with my local dealer. You simply need to understand what the numbers are for your term and mileage for residual and money factor.

Expand your search radius and see if @IvanAudi or @Jonathan had a unit they can work with you on. You do not need a broker this is not hard.

Lol really dude? You’re going to suggest I am a liar and double down on your useless contribution to this guys request for help saying these types of deals are not possible? I don’t claim deals are possible predicated on special circumstances like wonky colors or demos. You’re going to do really well here as a broker, good luck! :rofl:

1 Like

I hope you and the OP take the advice of me, siejammy and some of the other guys here and press on for a deal on an sq5- the deals are definitely out there and it’s a great car.

Using msd or not is a personal decision but it will save you money.

Thank you everyone for the feedback and great information. I’ve read through several SQ5 threads and believe that low to mid 600’s is definitely possible but of course it all comes down to total discount and how each specific car is equipped. I’m not looking for a prestige model so I do not think that my price expectations are unrealistic. In doing more research I am now considering a Lexus RX F Sport (hybrid) as well and will make my final choice once I get back a few estimates.

Having leased many vehicles over the last 10 years I know that timing is everything and dealing with an experienced sales person can also impact the deal and unfortunately my first shot at the SQ5 was with someone who wanted nothing more than to move a 2018 unit rather than listening to what I as the customer actually wanted to achieve. Regardless, i’ll use the feedback from everyone today and continue to shop.

1 Like

You do realize going from an SQ5 to and RX is like going from Porsche to Toyota ?

The SQ5 is as close to a Macan while the RX rides like a soft cushy numb crossover.

I’m now looking at a 2016 SQ5 with the supercharged engine as a CPO to finance now that I know leasing one is bad just like Porsche.

1 Like

I’m not considering these two vehicles because I think that they are similar, I’m considering them because they both offer their advantages. I personally prefer the SQ5 but my wife likes the softer ride and overall I know that I’d have less reliability problems with the Lexus. I think both are great cars in their own way, at this point it will primarily come down to whichever I can get the best deal on.

Well, the RX350 would definitely be a more reliable vehicle. If leasing you’d be under warranty so in effort to save you from a headache of going to the Dealer, the RX350 is probably the better buy… total snooze-fest though.

Sometimes you gotta get what fits your life-style the best and at the right price… if your life-style says she likes a softer ride, Lexus it is!

Reliability on a 3 yr lease for an Audi isn’t a concern, unless for some reason a Lexus dealer is infinitely more convenient for you than an Audi dealer.

You’ll unquestionably get the better deal on an RX, but ask yourself if you’ll regret it 6 months down the line.

In addition to sport vs comfort, the interior and tech on the Audi is superior to the Lexus. For whatever reason, Japanese luxury manufactures are way behind German when it comes to multimedia and tech interface.

1 Like

Don’t give up on leasing a new model. The deals are there. Contact Beverly Hills audi if you are in LA. I believe they’re the #1 volume dealer in the area. They don’t negotiate online though, you need to go to the dealership.

I just signed a lease for 647/month SQ5
10k miles
39 months
Msrp $58125
Negotiated $54000+ free Audi care + free car washes for duration of lease
Paid taxes/fees upfront $4700 from my trade in vehicle