2018 AUDI Q7 3.0 PREMIUM PLUS,965 per month ,10K miles per year ,CASH INCENTIVE

Will still need a big incentive on Swapalease. The big issue is that the OP doesn’t escape liability for the lease via a transfer. So unfortunately choices are 1) keep the car (convince wife that it actually isn’t too big) and count the months until expiration, or 2) find a buyer and plug the $$$ gap on payoff to Audi financial.

1 Like

I guess so ,I have a trade in offer for Q5 premium plus but I dont know what are good numbers on Q5 premium plus with same config (I guess for q7 they gonna hit me with a negative 5-8K) :sleepy:

Hire a broker! 20200202020

2 Likes

Any recommendations? I am from Houston Texas

This is going to be tough. Back in March, I was strongly considering Q7 3.0T Premuium plus, driver assist with MSRP at about $65K. Dealer where I did the test drive, straight up offered me ~$750/month on a 36mon/10K lease with $0 down + MSD. That was without any, zero, negotiation at all. I guess there would be some room to flex too. Unless your Q7 has much higher MSRP, $965 is very high for a 48 month lease.

Do not lease swap, it’s too much risk and it’ll probably cost you more than just trying to sell it. Check the vehicle value with Carmax and see what the delta is between the buyout and what they offer. It’s going to be a loss of $10-15k though.

I live in Houston (Woodlands) and a Q7 is an average size vehicle here. The Q7 is a great car, especially with the 3.0 engine. You sure you can’t use it somehow and not lose the money?

Thanks AJ,Yeah I Have offer from Audi central for a swap with Q5 in which I only loose 6500 ,but was looking to see if anything better comes up

Assuming no dealer tax credits, if you trade in the Q7, won’t you save paying tax on the Q5? That’s another reason for trading it in.

1 Like

To be honest I don’t know how it works,If you can throw some light I can send you any information which will make you figure out how it goes.One dealer told me I wont qualify for tax credit because its a lease,and I wonder how I know if tax is included in the payment?

I’m not in TX, so I don’t know exactly how taxes work there. With a lease trade-in, I don’t know if you or the bank gets the lease credit.

I’ve seen @dfwguy talk about Texas taxes before. Maybe he can chime in for your situation (trading in a leased Q7 early to lease a new Q5)

1 Like

I would have went with an S Class instead, man you get the wife a car with a $965/mo payment and she doesn’t like it, that’s rough. Can you guys just swap cars? FYI nobody is going to want it.

1 Like

She thinks the Q7 is too big so you recommend an S Class? :rofl:

1 Like

Anytime I see a ~$1000ish payment I always suggest an S Class, it’s one of standard comments.

2 Likes

If it was a “tax credit” i.e Audi in Houston gave OP, lets say 6.25% of the MSRP (which is the sales tax in TX) as a credit, then OP really didnt pay any sales tax.

Otherwise if the sales tax was rolled in to the monthly payment, yes the sales tax on the vehicle is paid off.
So assuming the Q7 was 60k and OP paid 6.25% of 60k, when swapping for a vehicle with an MSRP less than 60k then you dont pay any sales tax (be it another lease or a purchase)

Trade-In and purchase (lease) has to be via the same dealer.

In OP’s case, CarMax would be the best solution. Or another better way is to see what the purchase price of the car is after 3-5 months from now (guessing it will be 45-50k (since OP already paid the taxes and i am assuming 10 months of $965), getting a private buyer will be a better choice since the buyer does not have to pay the sales tax.

1 Like

I think the MF is the main killer here. For Q7 3.0 48/10K lease, I think RV and MF is 49% and 0.00249 (5.98% APR) respectively. Low RV and very high MF. A good portion of payment is interest cost. You can easily calculate interest per month by (cap cost + RV) x MF. If interest is too high, I am not so sure waiting for too long is necessary better. Market value finally catches up to what is owned, but interest is paid also. Maybe OP need to create a spreadsheet to see how different scenario play out, then determine the best course of action.

1 Like

Thanks eeloraa,That might be good idea to see were it goes

I went in to check trade in and swap with q5 they gave me Q5 pp 1093 /month! 36 month lease

I think they roll the negative equity from the Q7. Can you find out how much they are giving your for Q7 vs your pay off?

1 Like

Run Run Run!!! Run farther and faster than Forrest Gump!
Worst deal for you! Lookin at how this goes, it might beat our Lexus NX deal:

1 Like

If you are in TX…the GMC Terrain deals are still there.
The dealership that i worked with (whose details i posted here: GMC Terrain - DFW area - 172/mo 0 down - Incl taxes rolled in - Do one-pay for another 400$ discount) is asking me for more referrals.

I think you lose a 500$ Texas CCR rebate, but still its close to $200/mo (with tax) and in your case, assuming you dont have a lot of negative equity and the tax taken care of, aim for $250/mo if you are looking to minimize your losses :slight_smile:
PM me if you need TX specific info. Also i am not a broker!

1 Like