2018 Audi A4 Premium Plus Loaner (How can I get this lower?)

Hi Everyone,

I was just sent some numbers for a 2018 Audi A4 Premium Plus Loaner with 7,500 miles.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: [2018 Audi A4 Premium Plus Quattro] Ibis White with Black and Red Stitching Leather Interior.

MSRP: [$50,125]
Selling Price: [$41,125.00]
Rebates: $0 (Isn’t their a conquest rebate?)
Trade-in: [$0]

Months: [36]
Annual Mileage: [15,000]

MF: [0.00252]
Residual: [%52]

Security Deposit: [$0]
Total Due At Signing: [$0]
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): [$692.86]

Sales Tax Rate: [7.75%]

This seems extremely high for a loaner. I asked why the MF rate is higher than .00063 and he said that is for new cars only…Is that right? Do you guys know how I can get this lower? I know Audi’s don’t lease well but this seems terrible.

An Audi dealer just posted a similar stickered, new model, and was doing better than your quote -

he sent me a PM and I told him to call me 3 hours ago, never responded to me.

I still plan on calling you Jonathan but I am currently sick. Hopefully I’m better by tomorrow and we can talk.

The only reason why I was messaging about this car is because it does have the black optics plus package which I really like on the white. Its also a loaner vehicle which I have seen other manufacturers give good deals on so I thought I would give it a try. Obviously, they were no where close.

I agree the black optic is nice but wont find a deal close. if you are in the market for the A4, the premium plus with quattro and vision is the way to go. all weather floor mats too.

Is there any way I can add the package for some additional $$$? I know you have a killer deal on that car but the look on the black optics package is something I know I would miss.

I know there is probably an aftermarket way to get this done but it would be so much easier to just have it when I purchase it.

That’s a very high monthly. I was able to get essentially the same car for $517 a month with first month driveout on a new 2018 A4 back in Dec but I did a 42/12 instead of 36/15.

You have to factor in that you eat the cost of 6m of DMV fees in a 42m lease. If registration is say $300, then you lose $150. Not a lot spread over 42m but that is also a long time to have a car if you like to lease new ones frequently like I do.

I like 24m because I can usually squeeze the oem tire life so that I don’t have to buy new tires before lease turn-in. Saves at least $1000 right there.

For me, in Houston registration renewal is only $80 to $100 a year and not base on car market value. Yup unfortunately, I expect to go thru at least 1 or 2 new set of tires but wifey fell in love with the car so I just tried to get the best possible price on it. Comparing to the loaner with 7500 at that monthly, it just seems way too high.

Maybe for another thread, in Texas we pay tax on the full sales price of the car unless there’s tax credit but we have low yearly registration renewal. How’s that compare to Calif who pay tax on the monthly payment? Would the 2 or 3 registration renewals equate to full tax we pay on a 2 or three year lease?

Separate thread but since you asked:
Figure average ~$320 annual DMV in CA on a ~50K car (each year it drops a bit; includes license fee, registration, etc- some of the fee is based on vehicle value)
Over 2 years that would be $640. Tax on $500/mo in CA is about $39-47/mo, depending on which county. Over 2 years that is about $960.
Total over 2 years in CA is about $1600; 3 years about $2340

If your 8.25% Houston tax on 50K is ~$4100, that is a lot more than in CA for total lease cost, all other things being equal.

Ah ok…For auto, the sales tax is 6.25% but I usually wait until they have tax credit which usually lower the tax to about 1%

That’s $100 more a month than I paid for my not-loner premium+ with a 51,xxx MSRP on a 15k lease.

1 Like