2018 Accord Touring 1.5T Lease

Hi All, I am working with a dealer and they gave me a price of $28,690, $6K off the MSRP of $34,690. They said this would be the price if I either finance or lease. I said great and I know the Honda is offering $2,900 lease cash on this vehicle now. The salesperson said that the lease cash amount was accurate. So I said if we can include the lease cash in the lease, we can do a deal. Then, they said the lease cash is already included in the price. I am confused, why would the dealer not want to give me the the $6k discount + $2.9k in Honda lease cash. Wouldn’t it be the same for them as selling the car outright at $28,690? Thanks!

They don’t want to give you the lease cash too since that would be a great deal. It is weird that they would sell it to you at the same price if you finance but my guess would be opaque flex cash or other holdbacks allow them to do so without the lease cash. When I bought my Accord, every dealer told me the same # for available flex cash which was different from what all the websites said should be available. It would take great discipline for them to have all told the exact same lie.

Got an offer for $350 out of pocket and $350 per month - seems decent given TX taxes.

MSRP: $ 34,690
Selling Price: $ 26,615
Monthly Payment: $ 350
Cash Due at Signing: $ 350
MSD: N/A
Incentives: ?

Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12k
MF: ?
Residual: 51%

Region: TX
Leasehackr Score: Est. at 7.5

1 Like

Terms ??? 1011001

Posted in another part of the forum:

MSRP: $ 34,690
Selling Price: $ 26,615
Monthly Payment: $ 350
Cash Due at Signing: $ 350
MSD: N/A
Incentives: ?

Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12k
MF: ?
Residual: 51%

Region: TX
Leasehackr Score: Est. at 7.5

Get the MF and incentive details from edmunds forum. And avoid posting in seperate subforums here. Ask the hackrs section is most appropiate for ur thread

According to edmunds it’s 51% and .00072 for 36/12.

$2900 of that discount is incentive.

That means you’re getting about a 15% discount on a PY model Accord. I would push for more.

Seems like an expensive payment for an Accord from last year, but what do I know?

1 Like

I’m surprised there are still 2018 Honda accord 1.5 tourings still floating around. Glad I got mine in December, i got mine for a great lease price $295 a month 36/10k when factoring everything in…I cringe at any payment above $300!

Thanks - there must have been some tax credits in that deal. Probably repeatable though.