2017 Volvo S90 vs 2017 E300 (Loaner)

Hi Hackrs,

Been lurking this forum for the past few months, been trying to hack a lease for my brother on a GLC (tough nut to crack) and then realized I only have 60 days left on my current Camry lease and started poking around. The E300 seems to be all the rave right now, drove the S90 T6 Momentum last night and I was amazed by the tech in the car and was very impressed by the way the car drove. Now I am going back and forth which deal I want to really focus on to hammer out the best deal. Below are some parameters I have thrown together for both cars, the S90 24/12 lease seems like best option E300 36/12. I am trying to keep in mind on the Volvo the comp. maintenance whereas the Benz I will have to either pay out of pocket or add (and residual) a maint plan. Thanks in advance for any advice or tips and all the insight I have gained just reading the forum.

2017 E300 4MATIC , Heated Front Seats, Illuminated Star, Panorama Roof, Sport Body Styling, Sport Interior, Sport Interior (P15), Sport Package.Command. 3110 miles, so only 110 miles over for a $22 penalty on residual,
MSRP: 60375
Target Sales Price: 20% off MSRP $48,300, their current ask is $2,000 above at $50,300, pre any negotiation.
Rebates: $2000 USAA PenFed
MF. .00092, less autopay .0001 discount and 10 MSD at .0007 reduction brings MF to .00012
RV: Base at 58%, less $22, 57.9636%
Acq Fee: 795 - rolled in
I get a payment of $345 pre tax and fees, please advise if you think I am being to aggressive on 20% discount or if I should be more aggressive or any goofs in my math.

Other option is
2017 S90 T6 Momentum, white on amber, Momentum, vision, climate and conv pkg and Bowers and Wilkins Sound.
MSRP: 62,440
Target Sales Price (12% off before rebates and incentives) $54,947. Initial quote from dealer was 8% off MSRP at $57464
Rebates and Incentives: $4500 Volvo Cash, $3000 Costco, $3500 Volvo Lease Cash, total $11,000
RV: 57% for 24/12
MF. .00001
Acq Fee: 695 - rolled in
I get a monthly of $378 before taxes and fees. I did try and see if they would apply Costco loaner to a demo and it was no go from 4 local dealers. I tried to find a non BW sound, non demo and I can’t locate one in one of the colors I want. If I do I will update the post to try and compare more apples to apples with the E class.

I know I am definitely getting more car for the money on the Volvo, and the lower maint cost, plus the 24 month lease is a good selling point for me because I get bored pretty easily. Additionally, the lack of a $5000 sec deposit on the Volvo is also a plus but not a deal breaker on the Benz.

Thanks again for all your help.

I think you’ve already decided.

1 Like

Which vehicle do you like better? I have sat multiple times in C300/E300/S60/S90 and of the 4, S90 was the least comfortable, S60 was the most comfortable, C300/E300 were interchangeable - really liked thigh support in MB. S60 was very loud though and if I acquire one, might just buy a 5 yr old one at 70% off MSRP.

Also, if your timeline was a bit longer you could get the MB credit card and get another $1000 off.

I drove the s90 last and currently like it better. I haven’t driven an e class in two months so plan on dropping by both Benz and Volvo tomorrow with the Mrs to compare them back to back as well as bringing the car seats along to make sure the front does not get cramped with the baby seats in back. I don’t think this will be an issue on the s90, e class maybe.

The more I think about it, the more it seems like Benz is a more attainable deal. I’m reading that obtaining 12% off an s90 pre incentive is tough. Thoughts?

Fresh deal here

Thanks for the link. Looks like he got just under 10% off.

I’m finding it odd that dealers are willing to sell me a new s90 for less with the Costco rebate factored in then a demo s90 with 3-5k miles on it.

Some say they can’t apply Costco on demos, so it’s $90/mo right there plus RV mileage adjustment

Yes the 4 I have talked to have all said no costco on cars punched as demo.

Volvo of Winston Salem used Costco on a demo S90 for Krawling last week.

Kudos on doing your research…all first posts should be like this.