2017 Volkswagen E-Golf SEL Premium

Hi Jon, Sorry if you or anyone else in this thread is offended. That wasn’t my intention at all. After your comments, I did shop around some more and was able to get a quote for 411 + tax = $450 per month. I love the egolf that’s for sure :slight_smile: Waiting for a few more quotes to come my way. Will be sure to update the thread when I decide to execute.

Thanks much for all your help. :v:

Since it depreciated so rapidly, it is a good candidate for a 2-3 yr old used purchase.

$450 a month is still plugin hybrid money. With all the rebates you shouldn’t have to pay over $300 for ANY all electric vehicle.

The battery is not just smaller it is also inferior (air cooled vs liquid cooled). In 3 years the battery will have degraded much more than that of Bolt (both, because of poor tech and lower capacity. Smaller batteries degrade faster than bigger batteries for same usage. More charge cycles = more degradation). The Bolt is faster (to 60mph, higher torque) and has better tech (when fully loaded).

I know a little about the motivation behind expensive impractical cars - as an owner a of a 2 seater roadster.

Sincerely, no sarcasm intended. I really want to know what is your motivation for paying 50% extra. What do you love so much about it? Is it the classic look?

I’ve driven the eGolf and just don’t get any motivation. Hell I even prefer the Fiat 500e to the eGolf.

Dude, the e-golfs have just never been worth it. Their residuals have always been so damn low compared to all the other EVs out there. Yeah, it’s a pretty nice EV, looks great and drives nice but VW are so far up themselves to be leasing it at these prices. Have a look at any other similarly priced EVs and they don’t lease nearly as badly as the e-golf.

If you like the e-golf check out the Hyundai Ioniq - just as nice, if not much better in terms of aesthetic, driving experience and features. Not the greatest lease price with the Unlimited+ structure but still way better than the VW structure.

Do you all hate the Golf GTI just as much? Just wondering as I am considering leasing that… Thx:)

GTI is not the same car as E-Golf :slight_smile:

Shhh - he is in love. That’s like pointing out to someone who is in enthralled by his girlfriend that she spends money frivolously on shoes. Lovebirds only understand the impact of finances after honeymoon is over.

In one year, he will be coming to us to say “Help hackers, I need to roll my negative equity and get out of this terrible lease … Are there any good Honda Civic deals”?

1 Like

I’m a newbie but have poked around these forums many times (and learned a few things, thanks!).

A quick google of “egolf lease” pulls up an ad for Sunnyvale VW with the heading “Lease The New 2017 e-Golf SE - Only $157/Month For 30 Months‎”.

The original poster came here asking “is this a good deal”? Unequivocally, the response has been “NO”. That doesn’t mean he shouldn’t buy/lease the car, but the reality is that some cars don’t lease well.
I know my brother in law leased an egolf for something like 200ish/mo with minimal down, so my suggestion is keep looking. Know the money factor and residuals (find this at Edmunds forums), know the average discount/selling price (Truecar, etc) and use that info to figure out what a fair deal is, and what a good deal is. We already know what a bad deal is :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lol… again my intention is to not be sarcastic or to make fun of their choice. My question was why the e-golf over any other EV. I love impractical cars. If it’s the looks then a GTI is a much nicer choice.
I can see that they would argue that they want the looks and a carpool sticker though. I ask why not a nicer hybrid? Audi, BMW and Mercedes (also German btw) make very nice hybrids, that are eligible for a sticker.

Edit: I don’t want to OP to feel that I’m attacking them. I’ve benefited from these forums and I hope they can to. However, I think my posts are fair and I don’t want to delete them either.

+1 to the ev-vin suggestion. The person who updates this website seems to get a lot of tips and it would appear to be the best online resource for good price for the e-golf.

GTI is a great car but they love to mark them up. Look for a deal for around $300/mo with drive offs.

1 Like

Look at the 2018 Nissan Leaf, they are already doing test drives

And has a 150 mi range

Not coming out until Feb 2018 or something like that, right?

They are hard to come by…because they just came out with the 125 mile model.
Don’t overpay for a car just because ‘it’s rare’, if you want that, go get a Tesla.

the SEL with the drivers assist should be less than 400 /month OTD (No down)… The 2016 had a 39% residual, that’s a 37%. And I don’t see the $7500 rebate in there…someone is making a ton of money on that deal.

Can you share where you got this deal?

Some people just love eGolfs!

There’s no way around the 35% RV on the eGolf unless you wait a year until the 2018 is getting ready to hit and you can find the odd dealership with a 2017 left over. Had a dealer quote me $430/month today on a cap cost of a little over $24K. Terrible.

Hi,

I don’t see you updating and wondering if you ever ended up pulling the trigger.
Thanks,