2017 Mercedes-Benz E300 Sport 18M Lease Assumption (NorCal)

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

I don’t know why anyone would take this deal when even swapalease has better deals.

http://www.swapalease.com/mobile/lease/details/2017-Mercedes-Benz-E-Class.aspx?salid=1226063

http://www.swapalease.com/mobile/lease/details/2017-Mercedes-Benz-E-Class.aspx?salid=1160669

http://www.swapalease.com/mobile/lease/details/2017-Mercedes-Benz-E-Class.aspx?salid=1239826

http://www.swapalease.com/mobile/lease/details/2017-Mercedes-Benz-E-Class.aspx?salid=1156471

2 Likes

Lease 1: longer term, less mileage, $3000 down
Lease 2: longer term, less mileage
Lease 3: admittedly it’s a good deal with the incentive the seller is offering, so long as you like Lunar Blue.
Lease 4: not available, so why even list it?

Again, Jon…for someone that is so sure I won’t get any takers here, you sure are spending an awful lot of time thinking about my lease transfer. Thanks!

Truth of the matter is you don’t know as much as you think you know. Maybe I have the color combination, options, and lease term someone is looking for. Maybe someone in Northern California wants to takeover a lease without having to put out the expense and time to ship a car from far away. There are so many things you didn’t consider before thread crapping and trolling on my post.

You think you come off as knowledgeable, but really, you come off as ignorant, because you fail to see that there are a number of different factors that make this lease the right one for someone other than you.

1 Like

Just saying, you’re advertising your bad deal on the wrong forum. No one here will take your deal as-is.

3 Likes

$595+ disposition fee with mbfs

Not all leases are the same, some may be good deals to others while not so good to someone else. I think leasehackr does give us some amazing prices on leases but for the norm, those numbers are not attainable.

Example - friend of mine is paying $400 for a Infiniti Q50 3.0T, when I told him, he left money on the table, he couldn’t be bothered to keep negotiating because it wasn’t worth his time anymore. To us - leasehackr folks - this may be a crime against humanity. To the friend - it’s enough of a deal to sign off and move on, on.

Back to this thread - in our “leasehackr” eyes, @howardhsu, this may not be a good deal since we are accustomed to better pricing. To other users, this may be a good price. It’s all perspective. Personally, I don’t think it’s a “bad” deal, but to make the deal sweeter or attract more people, maybe pay half the transfer fee? I’m not sure. If you are getting bites, then by all means, continue as is. If not, some incentive might be due.

No point in arguing here, no one here wins, no one takes any medals home. Let’s keep it civil and move forward.

@howardhsu - Good luck and hopefully you are able to let the car go.

3 Likes

No one on here is gonna take it at this payment. 587 before tax? Ouch.

You, too @jananth1? Do you want to back up your confident claim with $1,000 to charity if someone does?

I’m a student. I don’t have $1000, sorry bud

1 Like

I think the point here is that your lease doesn’t hit 1% on a vehicle that consistently leases for well under 1%. For that reason, you’ll be very hard pressed to find a taker here on the forum.

I do hope that you find someone who will assume it, but like others have said, there’s very little chance it’ll be taken by someone on the forum. The reason people evaluate these deals, as they have yours, is so that users don’t get abused by marketplace ads.

Now excuse me while I clean this place up. Let’s keep it civil.

I just think you should shut it down. Evidently, the poster is posting a bad deal. This site is for good deals, and there are other avenues for the OP to post his lease swap, like swapalease or leasetrader – for people more inclined to make the purchase at the current price

2 Likes

Well, he may choose to add an incentive if he isn’t able to offload. Or there may be someone who says “you know what, I love that exact car and don’t mind paying a premium for it”.

I’ll keep an eye on the thread.

1 Like

Is it a bad deal or just not a great deal? On SwapALease for a 2017 E300 with 13-24 months left and allowing 1,000+ miles, there are 29 cars. My deal falls into fourth place. For all the people that say this car won’t get transferred, put your money where your mouth is. A civil deal that we’ll enter into a binding contract for $1,000 to the charity of my choice should a bonafide taker from Leasehackr assume this lease. Otherwise, what’s the point of saying “it’s too expensive?”

This could be the right car for someone. Someone might not care about an extra $50 or $100 per month because it is the right car in the right place. I could have put down MSDs to buy the lease down, but it wasn’t worth it to me. The opportunity cost of that money sitting was greater than just paying more on the lease. It could be the same for the person that assumes the lease.

Well… On-forum, it falls somewhere in between run-of-the-mill and bad. We’ve certainly seen worse. Off forum, it’s not that bad. Context is key. If you do a quick forum search on the E300, you’ll see why. Audience is also important – forum members don’t create accounts to hack ordinary deals. So expectations are certainly higher here.

I really can’t support the idea of throwing money around and betting on lease assumptions. But yes, I agree that this could be the right car for someone. Time will tell. If not, you’ll want to consider adding an incentive and seeing how it plays out. Just be mindful that the longer it sits, the further you fall in the hole. We’ve seen a few marketplace deals where the OP didn’t budge, this one comes to mind: Audi A6 2017 for $516 per month

Food for thought, in any case.

Here are a couple of others:

More like 9th, but who’s counting

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill

Brokers exist because people don’t have the time or know-how to negotiate on their own. We have many of them here on the site who do a great job working up deals for members.

Please use private messages to banter. If we continue exchanging blows, thread will be closed.

Off-topic posts, threats, playful and not-so-playful banter have been removed. Thread is closed til further notice.

1 Like