2017 mb e300 4matic - new car lease

MY: 2017
MSRP: 60995
PRICE: 52750
TERM: 36 months
MF: .00092 (Supposedly buy rate for September 2017)
RES: 60% (7.5K miles/yr)
REBATE: 1,500 (MB Incentive for 2017 E-Class 4MATIC) included in price
ACQ: 1,095 ($300 markup from standard $795)
DEALER PROCESSING: $549 (BS fee in VA dealers)
TAGS: $65
TAX: VA (idk the actual tax amount since VA calculates differently on leases)
DOWN PAYMENT: 1st months payment ONLY
Monthly Payment: $661/month

What do you guys think? It’s ~13.5% off MSRP but you have to factor the $1,500 incentive which effectively makes it only ~9% off of MSRP. Any idea how to make the price go down? I SUPPOSEDLY already have the money factor at the ‘buy rate’ (I don’t know if this is really the buy rate). Also, how much is 2yr prepaid maintenance and excess wear & tear?

Loaners with 7500 miles a year can be had for $350. Is $300/mo over 36 months worth it for you to have the new car smell for a few weeks?

2 Likes

Are you suggesting the OP get in a car that someone else has potentially farted in? Are you out of your mind?

7 Likes

I literally LOLed.
20 20 20

I’m not finding retired service loaners (MY2017) in my area (DC Metro). That being said, I never thought $661 is a great deal. Btw, how do retired service loaners work for Mercedes? How much of the mileage do they actually deduct from residual price? For example, if the mileage is 8K on the vehicle, do you multiply the $0.25 to ALL of the 8K miles or does Mercedes allow a certain amount of mileage as ‘free’?

The first 3K miles are free. Then it’s 20 cents per mile.

So car with 5K would be 2000 X 0.20 = $400 reduction in the residual value.

1 Like

Did you search?

Thanks for the info! In your professional opinion, how much off MSRP would you consider leasing a NEW 2017 E300 4MATIC? I already know there’s a $1,500 incentive from MB. However, I’m skeptical the MF is .00092 and I’m even questioning if the residual is 60% for 7,500 miles/year.

Also, do you know the cost of 2year prepaid maintenance and excess wear&tear coverage prices? These stealerships are all over the map with their prices!

I’m not a professional so I can’t give you a professional opinion :slight_smile:

My amateur opinion is this:

.00092 is the MF. But that can be reduced to .00082 with autopay and can be reduced all the way down to .00012 with MSDs.

Residual of 60% sounds about right, but check Edmunds they have all the info.

I don’t think pre-paying maintenance is ever a good idea, so I don’t know the cost for that stuff.

As far as discount off MSRP, I think you got a pretty good one, for a non loaner.

Prepaying Maintenance is a good idea on MB because it can be residualized. You only pay ~40% of MSRP for it.

1 Like

how much is usually for the 3yr MB maintenance package, isn’t it included in the MSRP?

I’m not a MB expert but I don’t believe prepaid maintenance plans are included on any MBs unless it’s charged as a separate option on the MSRP sticker. I can say that for 2 year maintenance plans, they range from 800s to 1100s. Problem we all have is the stealerships have their own ‘rhyme&reason’ on prices they charge on warranty products like excess wear&tear, W&T protection and prepaid maintenance. I do know that you can purchase the prepaid maintenance product from any MB dealer as long as it’s before your first maintenance. Excess wear&tear has to be purchased at time of vehicle purchase/lease inception. Hope this helps!

@max_g

I kinda understand what you’re saying but would like some clarification. You’re saying all the products purchased (like prepaid maintenance) are only applicable to 40% of the price because it’s being rolled into lease as a capitalized cost? For example, if the prepaid maintenance is $1,000–I only pay interest on $400 of that amount? Please advise.

No, the maintenance plan is added onto the MSRP and RV, so you are only paying the “depreciating” portion.

1 Like

WOW! Can anything else other than prepaid maintenance be added to MSRP (i.e. excess wear&tear, wheel&tire protection)?