I have been discussing a lease deal with a NY dealer and have this so far:

MSRP: $39,640
Sale Price: $35,304
Money Factor. 0.00186
Residual Value: 47%
Bonus Lease Cash: $8900
$0 Down
15,000 Miles / 36 Months

Monthly payment: $317 ($389 w/zero drive-off)

I think I there is a little more in bonus cash I can get.

Anyone have experience with Southern New York Kia dealers and where I should keep negotiating? The MF seems a little high to me, but I don’t know if the dealer is marking it up or not.

I would like to get this down closer to $300/mnth w/zero drive off!

Looks good, I hope this isn’t Yonkers Kia.

Money factor and bonus cash match up pretty close to last month according to Edmunds, depending on trim. Didn’t have December numbers yet.

Could you elaborate?

Have you read the reviews, this is one of the worst dealers in Westchester. I live just down the street and have dealt with them once or twice. They are the stereotypical slimey dealer. I’d get everything in writing if you are working with them.

1 Like

Im in Westchester as well. I was looking at the Stinger and Cadenza and went to Yonkers Kia, they talked out of both sides of their mouth. Didnt trust them and am looking elsewhere now. To be fair, I’m a litigator and after a few questions, it was clear they were trying to be too slick.

They probably have a big enough pool of credit challenged buyers in the greater area that they don’t have to worry about dealing square with anyone most of the time. Plus, it’s a a Kia dealership to begin with, so they are already behind the 8 ball based on their general track record.

Did they mark the Stinger up over MSRP? I’m sure someone out there is trying to pull that.

you need current numbers before you go any further

you are at 35 payments of 389 = 13615; i think you can do a bit better

used 200 dmv and 9% tax rate; zero driveoff - i get 364 monthly, not 389
something is amiss!

Lease cash MAY be taxable but it shouldn’t be since it is NOT a retail incentive. Many dealers (F&I) ignore this and tax the lease cash…

I didn’t get a quote, but I’ve seen the MSRP as being marked up on the Stinger Forum.

I swear… Their dealers are brain dead. Nobody is going to buy a marked up Kia that’s a hassle to get from slimy dealers to boot.

I took a quick look and I’ve seen reports of anywhere between 3k and 8k in markup. I wonder how long that will last.

Thanks for the comment. Yah, the incentives being taxed or not makes all the difference. I am assuming in NY they are taxed. Unless you or someone can confirm they shouldn’t be?

Are you sure about that? Some people are determined to get the Stinger no matter what. Take a look at this thread. $52k MSRP for $720/month and $3k drive-off. :man_facepalming:

With all the other deals you regularly see on this forum on much higher end products, why would anyone even think about doing a deal like this?

i can’t answer that for NY; perhaps one of the NY brokers can address that. 9% of 8900 is real money

Would love to see a better or equal deal on a “much higher end” full size car. Please point them out!

No I was talking about that crazy Stinger deal in the link sorry…