2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Ltd Ult AWD w/ult tech $399/mo

Have you picked up the car? If so, nothing much can be done at this point.

I was suggesting them to see if they could offer a better monthly payment

Can you break down the 5351 in rebates?

I did pick it up already :frowning:
Oh well, we are still new to this whole world of leasing so live and learn I guess! Good to know for next time I’ll bookmark that page!

That payment sucks big time. They must have overcharged you a ton. Please post the actual papers on the lease with all numbers … From the calculator, the payment should be 250 a month lol

My best guess is that “selling price” is inclusive of the rebates.

You got a good deal on the Canyon so I don’t understand why you settled for a crappy one here

Yes that makes sense. So the real discount from dealer is only 3k…

IMG_4934

IMG_4935

IMG_4936

That’s all the info I think you’re looking for. Now I feel awful, I was trying to stay under that 1% MSRP and honestly I had called around to a ton of dealerships and this was by far the best deal I was offered. They also said Hyundai wasn’t leasing any more 2017 Santa Fe’s after the end of the month so I didn’t want to get screwed later. They also have a thing where they pay up to the last three payments off your current Hyundai lease, which is exactly what I had left on my car, so I turned mine in at the same time.

I was looking at this car a few months ago, they don’t lease well, don’t beat yourself up about it. I don’t think the deal is bad, the best I got was pretty much what you are getting but I was at 9.25% tax. You could have spent weeks trying to get an extra $10 a month off. People just think it is a lot to pay for a Hyundai and not necessarily that it is a bad deal given the specific car.

1 Like

Paying 42k for a 45 k MSRP Hyundai is where the mistake was made… The rebate was available anyway, so dealer used that to make the cap cost look good. That is a 6% discount. Even BMW and Mercedes are offering 10% discount…

@vhooloo, have you tried leasing a Hyundai, they are really bad. 6% is very normal for a LTD Ultimate. I agree that they could have gone a little further but invoice on these is only 4%, so $43,150 is invoice, they are basically $1,000 back of invoice on the car which is not bad for a Hyundai. Also, they have rolled in about $700 into the car from the drive offs.

It is not a bad lease for this car, however, I wont argue that it is a dated car which is about to replaced and there are other cars I would have over it for that money. Hence why I got a GMC Acadia Denali for about the same money.

Thanks I do feel a little better now.
I looked into other mid size suvs but the ones with comparable features were way more to lease.

The first result in google was better than what OP found by 2k already

No I don’t generally lease cars that are bad, let alone really bad

I know enough that I will not accept 6% off MSRP off a dated car which is at the end of the current style and will be re-designed. Target for this should have been 12% off + rebate, making the payment under $300… If I can have a 60k Volvo which just came out for 350, I ain’t paying 399 for a 45k Hyundai. I appreciate that OP wanted a Hyundai and not a Volvo but I was explaining that the monthly seems flawed.

Hyundai are famous for offering all sorts of random incentives. In order to get that deal you would need to be an Uber driving, marine, who is now a teacher and also fights fires. ANd that car wont have the very expensive tech package either which would add about $2k to the cost, or $60 a month.

Trust me, you may not like the car but the deal hear is totally fine, it is not a bad deal given the car in question.

Where do you see Santa Fe Ltd Ultimate with 12% off before rebates?

This should make you feel better, I think you did fine! !

1 Like

The best I was able to get the SantaFe Ult is at 9.5% MSRP, monthly still around 300s.