2017 and 2018 Audi Q5 Premium Plus

Doesn’t seem like this forum helped you at all if you decided to put down $11k. Anyway, enjoy your new SQ5 it’s an amazing car!

Like others said - enjoy your car. But it looks like you only learned that there is the “1% rule”, though you did not learn that a lease payment can be fit into any budget with large enough down payment.

If you can put 11k down on a lease money shouldn’t be that much of a issue then so just enjoy a great car and next lease be prepared.

What is Major Maintenance at $70 per month? Audi Care covers everything you need during the lease. And you should not be paying $25 per month for that. It costs about $800 and your residual is boosted by 1% when you buy it. So your net cost should have been $161 total or $4.47 a month.

Silly question. Does paying 36k over 3 years on a 60k car mean he gets to buy it out at around 24k at lease end?

Doesn’t matter how much he pays over the term, he can only buy it out at the RV.

1 Like

Oh boy. That’s not ideal.

I think if you are going to use it to drive from your Beverly Hills residence to your Internet Unicorn/Hedge Fund or Hollywood Producer job, then it is a good car to do that in :slight_smile:

Wish I could have seen the celebration in that dealership

1 Like

The whole dealership is going on a cruise to Italy

1 Like

Looking at a SQ5 for a lease, interested in the base model don’t need the bells and whistles will be driven less than 5000 miles a year

Hi, I’m looking for a 2018 Audi Q5 base model with the sunroof option added. Got a quote of $1500 drive off and $525 per month including tax for 36mo/10K per year. I’m based in Los Angeles county. Could I get a better deal?

Will try this discussion thread. Hope this is the correct one.

Hello All -

I’m a newbie to this forum. I just got into a lease for a 2018 Audi Q5 Premium Plus + cold weather package (minus Navigation). Here is what I ended up with. Can you please give me feedback on what I did well and where I could have negotiated better? Also…this answer may already be in the forum, so please point me in the right direction…when they call me up to put me in a new car with the same leasing terms, what do I negotiate at that point? I wish I had discovered this forum months ago! Thanks!

MSRP: [$49,055]
Selling Price: [$43,102.13]
Selling Price + Fees: [$44.790.13] (License, Registration, Doc Processing, Acquisition)
Rebates: [$555.87 - 1st car payment paid by Audi]
Trade-in: [$0]

License + Registration: $494
Doc Processing: $299
Acquisition Fee: $895

Months: [42]
Annual Mileage: [10,000]

MF: [???] / Rent Charge: 5895.50
Residual: [???] / Residual Value: $27,961.35

Security Deposit: [$0]
Cap Cost Reduction: [$1,500]
Monthly Payment (excluding tax): [$505.34] / Tax: $50.53

Zip Code: [20011]
Sales Tax Rate: [10%]

Yes, it was an amazing ride for the last few years, thank you.

And I forgot to defensively respond to your comment 36 months ago, so now seems ideal.

Not quite. Growing up I spent my entire childhood living under the poverty line with my three siblings. Fortunately got into a graduate program for a State School that I could actually afford. Fast forward several years and I’ve got a few bucks coming in thanks to that degree. And a car addiction.

If I had purchased that same 2018 SQ5 would it have been the better decision…
Negotiated purchase price: $60,519
Sales tax: $4,539
Interest over 36 months based on rate available to me at time of purchase (5%) : $4,778
Maintenance that wouldn’t have been covered by Audi: $2,400
Sale price on Vroom/Carvana: ~$36,000
Total cost to have purchased and sold after 36 months = $36,236
Total cost of my admittedly not great LH newbie lease deal = $35,325

Given the peace of mind driving a pricey car knowing that I’d turn it in after three years + having lease protection = I’m so glad I leased.

And thanks to you LH, I will hopefully not repeat some/all of the poor decisions I made on this lease… large down payment, leasing an Audi (not always true), leasing a brand new model (almost always true), overpaying for maintenance programs in the finance department (always true), not using or at least consulting a broker, etc.

1 Like