2017 and 2018 Audi Q5 Premium Plus

how many miles are you doing?

12k a year…looking to keep 3yr expense including insurance and gas under $30k. Gas at an average of 2.99 and insurance at 159/mo means lease cost would ideally be 22k. Id also rather privately sell the Honda as i could get at least $3k for it and use that towards payments, as it seems cash upfront is not beneficial at all.

Why are $4200 in taxes being added back in to the total–Aren’t you in a state that taxes the monthly payment?

in California the taxes are charged monthly.

@Sthall21 This is my lease deal. With your down, you can get pretty close to the monthly. In fact, I was quoted that with $2K down for $569 month, and that’s with fully loaded Premium Plus. MF is high and they wouldn’t do MSD.

@zippyzop I believe that is doable.

Need advice on this quote:
2018 Premium with some add-ons
MSRP $50,235
Sales price $45805
Tax: $2862
Acquisition: $895
License registration fees: $342

36/12 monthly payment $665
Adjusted cap cost $49561

Do these numbers look correct? On the sheet it says CCR $1008. I told them I wanted to pay no down payment and only first month and DMV fees but they insisted there was no “down payment” and it was just first month plus DMV. Is that correct or am I missing something?

When people show up in 10 year old hondas to lease an Audi, dealers try to squeeze every penny since they know what an emotional purchase this represents from a status perspective. Hence the “10 k” down to “join the club of people who made it”.

The best deals on an Audi can be had by showing up in a brand new benz or Porsche. The dealer then knows that you are not a noob and know how to lease cars.

In conclusion run away from the dealer and find another one and keep the ahem “Honda” trade off the table until you negotiate a great deal on the lease.

I think the total opposite of this. When a salesperson sees someone in a new MB or Porsche, they salivate as they see a rich sucker who’s about to pay for their vacation.

@Jdx915 Are you in a state that levy sales tax upfront? What is the tax %, MF (0.00174?), Residual (63%?) quoted for the Q5?

$665 doesn’t sound that great to me for Premium trim.

Yes the tax (6.25%) is up front. MF .00174 and residual 61% for premium. Msrp was about 50k (I wanted the virtual cockpit and upgraded exterior color) and sales price was down to about 45.5k.

Here is the quote With Audi care
MSRP 50235
Sale price including Audi care 46674
Taxes 2863
DMV Fees 342
Acquisition fee 895
First payment 677
Gross cap cost 51451
Down payment (first month plus DMV fees) 1020
Adjusted cap cost 50431

Residual 62%
MF .00174
Remaining depreciation 19286
Rent charge 142

Very proud to have just leased a brand new 2018 SQ5 Premium Plus with virtual cockpit, sport package and a few other add ons. It’s the first new car I’ve driven off a lot and leasehackr was incredibly helpful. I visited 8 dealers and walked out of 7 who wouldn’t work with our budget.
MSRP $63,900
Lease price $60,519
Terms 36 months, 45,000 miles
$11,000 due at signing (this is the total we paid yesterday when we leased the car and it includes the first payment)
Residual 64%
Audi Care additional $25/month
Lease protection additional $25/month
Major maintenance coverage additional $70/month
With all taxes, fees and including these three packages it came out to $695/month total. (So figure $575/month including all taxes + fees if we hadn’t added these three packages.)

Are you sure about that? Not sure many people on here would pay $11k upfront, especially with none of it being MSDs.

Are you sure the RV is 64% with 15k? That sounds really high, especially for an Audi. What is lease protection? Is that GAP? With your big CCR, you probably don’t need it. At least it sounds like you really love the car. Enjoy it.

Doesn’t seem like this forum helped you at all if you decided to put down $11k. Anyway, enjoy your new SQ5 it’s an amazing car!

Like others said - enjoy your car. But it looks like you only learned that there is the “1% rule”, though you did not learn that a lease payment can be fit into any budget with large enough down payment.

If you can put 11k down on a lease money shouldn’t be that much of a issue then so just enjoy a great car and next lease be prepared.

What is Major Maintenance at $70 per month? Audi Care covers everything you need during the lease. And you should not be paying $25 per month for that. It costs about $800 and your residual is boosted by 1% when you buy it. So your net cost should have been $161 total or $4.47 a month.

Silly question. Does paying 36k over 3 years on a 60k car mean he gets to buy it out at around 24k at lease end?

Doesn’t matter how much he pays over the term, he can only buy it out at the RV.

1 Like

Oh boy. That’s not ideal.