2016 Hyundai Sonata Plug-in Hybrid $180+Tax Per Mo, Less than $0 Down (factoring in $1500 State EV Rebate) 3Yr 36K Lease

I was under the impression that the Uber rebate cannot be used towards a lease.

1 Like

Few dealers that sent me the quote did not mention anything about Uber rebate not being valid on leases. The quotes included Uber rebates.

Where did you hear or see this information?

This is a good deal. Go for it.

When I leased my 2016 Kia Optima, the Uber rebate was showing as available. I noticed that TruCar did not allow it to stack when calculating the lease, although it did not say finance only anywhere. When I leased the car, the dealership insisted that it was not applicable on a lease. I thought that they were pulling my chain and checked with two other sources online and both said only available on finance.

Thanks for that info. Can anyone that leased a car recently and used UBER rebate confirm this?

Here are a few recent examples of people who said they were able to use the uber discount:

However, there are also other posts with people saying they couldn’t do it.

Thanks for the information. It looks like there is some different experiences on this. Some said they couldn’t get the UBER rebate and some said they could get Uber rebate on leases.

Few Hyundai dealers I spoke with, most said they should have no problem with Uber rebate on leases and one said it would be a problem. Again, conflicting info.

I think a big part of it is them not wanting you to use your leased vehicle for ride-sharing. If a dealer denies the uber discount, you might try telling them that you have no plans to use your leased vehicle for that, and that they should try applying it anyway.

Jmac, good point. I only got the UBER account few days ago just for the car purchase purpose. I have no plans of becoming an UBER driver so maybe I can use that argument to see if that will go through.

Ok. I leased the Sonata Plug-In and I got even better deal than originally posted. I was able to get the UBER discount. According to the dealer, UBER qualification also depends on your credit score. If you have good credit, they will give you UBER discount even on a lease. Just sent out for $1,500 EV rebate from State and another $300 EV rebate from local utility.

1 Like

@Sacchoe. What dealer did you go to?

Please see my post from top of the topic. I updated the post with great deal I got.

1 Like

That’s a fantastic deal. Congrats!

Thank You. I literally talked with all the dealers in California to get this deal. I tried True Car and Costco buying service also and they could not even come close to the deal I got.

I had to do a bit of work to get this deal but $180 per month with less than $0 down on a $36,000 car is a fantastic deal I think. Best deal I’ve ever got on a car. Very happy indeed and this Plug In Hybrid is a fantastic car. This car gets 99.9 mpg in EV mode and I get 50+ mpg on hybrid mode.

Sweet deal. I’m curious about the rebate (of $8k odd). The federal rebate is around $5k or thereabouts. Where does the rest come from?

Hyundai was offering $6919 lease cash on the leasing of Plug-In. Then I got owner/competitor rebate of $1,500 on top of $6,919 lease cash. That came out to $8.5K,

So where did the federal rebate factor in?

Hyundai gets it since they own the car.

My point is that it’s not mentioned in the OP’s breakdown (unless that was part of the discount from “Retail Price” to “Sales Price”

It’s baked in to Hyundai’s $6919 lease cash offer.