2016 BMW X1 Deal

My thoughts are all bad.

Firstly they have stopped lease loyalty. What other rebates are included in that discount?

They have marked up the MF and you should walk away if he won’t tell you. It is your finance deal and you must have all the info to make a decision.

I just checked. There is $2k of rebate on the 2016 X1. So that discount is not very good at all. He is also wrong about the lease loyalty so you will lose that rebate when he tries to process your finance.

You should be getting 2k under invoice on that car imho.

Thanks for the info. I felt the same way. Just emailed him and asked for the correct information on this deal. There’s no reason he shouldn’t give that info to me.

Also, where’d you find the info re: $2K rebate on 2016 X1?

Again, look at my post about getting a discount on a BMW. It will help. You should not go in asking for a deal. Go in with all the numbers and tell them the deal you will take the car at.

It is on the BMW website under offers.

Here is my post

1 Like

Just want to make sure I have my numbers right and that I’m understanding your spreadsheet correctly:

MSRP: $44045
Base Price: $35100 (from configurator)
Options: $9100 (from configurator…not sure if they’re the same between '16 and '17, but probably close)
Invoice (from your spreadsheet): $42690

So you’re saying that with the 2K rebate, plus your opinion that I should be getting ~2K under invoice on this car, that sale price should be ~$38690? Did I understand you correctly?

Actually, after re-reading your post, it seems like you’re saying that the sale price (in the terms we’re describing it in this conversation) should be ~$40690 (2K under invoice), and the total cap cost should be, $40690 - $2K rebate = $38690. Right?

Correct, 2k under before rebates. I would see what others are getting on x1’s but I just got 2k below on a 17 X3.

1 Like

Also note, my calculator is not 100% accurate but it is close enough that when you plug in the numbers to the calculator you will be within a few dollars.

Cool. So based on the numbers we’ve talked about here (and residuals I’ve found elsewhere), it seems like something like this would be a good deal:

For the sake of completeness, if acq fee paid up front, monthly payment would be $417, cash due at signing (including msds) would be $5331.

Seems about right, now if they can get you that loyalty bonus then that is another $1000 and you will be below $400. (Although by all accounts that has gone, they are doing lease roll ups now)

I’ll also add here that if you are eligible for fleet pricing, you’ll be able to get a reduction in money factor of another .00020 (so if you have the base of .00134, it would drop to .00114) and an additional $1500.

What mileage are you looking at for the lease? My understanding right now is that 36/15 on a 2016 X1 would be 60% residual, 36/12 would be 62% and 36/10 would be 63%.

Someone else can correct me on the residuals if I am wrong.

Interesting. If those residuals are right, I can be sub 400 (looking like $391), not factoring in fleet. I’m not personally eligible for fleet, but my wife might be – will have to check into that. Even so, definitely curious about that residual.

Oh, because I didn’t mention it earlier – 36/10 is my mileage.

Yeah I’d say double check that MF and residual. If you’re looking at a 2016, I’m pretty sure the 36/10 residual is 63% and the base MF is .00134.

1 Like

Will do. Gonna try to make this all happen tomorrow, will report back. Thanks for your help!

So just to close this out, ended up getting this deal:

2016 BMW X1
Premium, Luxury, Technology, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance Plus, Cold Weather (basically fully loaded, only thing it didn’t have is M sport…also important to note this car that I ended up getting has more features than the car I mentioned in my original post)

MSRP: $46095
Gross Cap: $40590 (~12% off MSRP)
Residual: 63%
MF: .00134
7 MSDs
Adj MF: .00085
Term: 36 Month/10K miles

Final Payment: $413/month
Cash at signing:
Normal fees: License/Reg/Tax/Acq fee/etc: $1916.22
MSDs: $3150
Total: $5066.22

Happy with this deal. Wish I could have come down a bit more (under 40K would have been great), but literally no one in the Bay Area (talked to 5 dealers) would bite on that. Everyone just said “sorry, can’t help you”, even after I walked away :stuck_out_tongue:. Either way, coming from the first post, which, which was a wayyyy worse deal, and on a cheaper car, I feel good about where I landed. Good lessons learned though, and maybe will be able to do even better in 3 years.

Thanks @Ed_Churchward – you really helped me here. Your post that you linked to was invaluable, and I highly recommend everyone else follow that advice.

1 Like