19 Stelvio AWD - Waste of time trying to get deals on these right now?

Just some brief background on why I’m frustrated: I live in the same area as the guy who got this now unobtainable deal last summer on a Stelvio TI. 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti, South Florida, $362/mo $50,940 MSRP, 1st Pmt DAS and I even tried going to the same exact dealership where he got his. To be honest, I would have taken that deal even if I had to pay the $1500 down he claimed they never charged him. Every dealer I visited this month assured me that deal he got last summer is history and is unlikely to ever return. But the fact that I can’t even get anywhere in his ballpark is very bothersome.

Since the quotes I was getting from dealers on '19 Stelvios with 50k - 51k MSRPs were making me gag, at one dealer I tried to work on their lowest priced vehicle currently in inventory, a 2019 base AWD w/driver assist & upgraded infotainment and some different type of rims, MSRP of just over 46k.

The lowest they were willing to go after an hour of back and forth as I was about to walk out the door was $420+tax monthly w/$2000 DAS, but that was with 36/10, not 24/10 like I wanted. They made it sound like I would not find a deal better than that down here this month and they were only willing to do it because it’s the end of the month. I left anyway, because I still didn’t feel that was anything too great, especially on a base Stelvio when our buddy from last year drove off in a 51K TI for $362 and zero down. I didn’t get a copy of contract or anything to share because I didn’t think this was that great. I told them to give me a call when they were ready to do it for $400 all in, and they said without more incentives from Alfa Romeo that would be impossible.

Am I wasting my time trying to get a great deal on a Stelvio this early in the year? Or was $420+tax with $2K DAS decent? Should I forget about coming anywhere close to what the guy on here accomplished last summer? Or do you think if I wait till summer of this year I could score something similar?

Thanks

Programs are totally different. You aren’t gonna get a similar deal now.

I was completely transparent and showed the contract and the credit card charge when I posted my deal last year, there were very similar deals at that time in Tampa area, but only for the last few days of August 2018.

You may need to go the broker route.

See below thread from @ralphsaphony

The reason that lease was so good was due to a glut of inventory, they’ve probably adjusted production and don’t need to offer those deals again

IMHO, Taking a lease deal from 6 months ago and getting frustrated when dealers don’t play ball is step 1 of how to NOT approach car leasing…

3 Likes