'18 Mercedes GLE - good deal, or bad .00018

Greetings, '18 GLE 350 new. Good or bad deal.
MF from Edmunds. Not sure about down payment. Need assistance on how to play with dealership.
SoCal area.

15K residuals:
.00018 and 55% / 49% / 38% (24 / 36 / 48)
$1000 incentive

Drop the down and see what your payment looks like.

Max MSD would be 2 on this MF

Thanks @mung35. How do you know that 2MSDs are max? Where does one learn this.

MSD’s are used to lower the MF there is a certain point when the MF will not go any lower.

I mad a few changes when I did the calculation for you.

I changed the RV and Mileage to 49% and 15k miles a year and set MSDs to 2 since the MF is already so low.

Things to check for: What is the state tax and how is it applied on leases? is the document feel 80 dollars? This depends on state and region as laws are different.

I left the 1k incentive in the “Selling Price” as I couldn’t tell if you included it separately.

What are the registration fees? Default is set to 400.

I have two figures, one monthly payment is without 4k downpayment and the second is WITH 4k down and both figures are post-tax applied to the monthly.

695 p/m

574 p/m

Interestingly enough, with the 4k down, the total lease cost at 36 months is only about 10 dollars cheaper than without the down payment.

You’d be nowhere near 388, even with the down payment. For what these cars go for, high 500’s to 600’s makes a lot more sense.

@StingerTT and @nitrax, Terrific and thanks for the education. Yes the monthly seemed very low and too good to be true. I’ll see what the dealer says.

Here’s the lease deal I secured on a GLE350 RWD for 36/12K in SoCal in Sept. Its not fantastic, but I think its fair given the MBFS program with low RV. I was hopeful that they would discount more since the 2020 was being unveiled at the time

List: 66625 - P2, Pkg Assist, AMG, etc.
Gross Cap: 58501 (includes 3 year maintenance for residualization)
RV: 51%
MF: 0.00004 (Used 2 MSDs = $1700)
Monthly: $790 (includes 7.75% tax)
DAS: $3181.86 (1st month, DMV, and MSDs)

This was from Dez at MB Long Beach.

Based on that, I’d be surprised if OP sees any numbers below 650…

My buddy just leased an 18 in NYC (MB of Manhattan) sticker was 66k he is paying $605 /month but paid all of the taxes upfront so wasn’t a 0 DAS deal. It was his 3rd car with them. Didn’t get maintenance or tire package included. Searched for months and that was the best deal he could come up so seems like you are in the same ballpark.

Response from SoCal MBenz dealer,
“I can’t match these numbers. They are not realistic plus I don’t have the inventory.”

Interested response. Time to move in to another dealer.

What deal/numbers did you ask your dealer to match?

@Jon,

MF .00018 and 55% / 49% / 38% (24 / 36 / 48). Direct info from Edmunds.
2 MSDs (as recommended on this post b/c of the low MF).
15K mile.

Another Dealer response. Good deal or bad?

MSRP: 63,210
Selling Price: 55210
Mileage: 15K
Term: 36 Months
Drive offs: 1505.34 + 2 MSDs
Monthly Payment: 759.14 (Tax Included)
MF 00018

I’m looking at a 2019 GLE AMG 63s (NY) but have been unable to find the current MF and RV. Despite asking the dealer multiple times haven’t heard anything. Anyone have any info?

Currently offered deal is at $10,000 down at $2,194/month with 36/10K lease. Selling price of $116 with MSRP of $124,100. I looked into one payment but have never used that before and a little hesitant

$87k to lease it for 3 years? :man_facepalming:

Edmonds will have the numbers, but with those terms, you’re better off financing the vehicle

Yea or $77,639 if I do “one payment” lease

Just buy it and sell it when you’re bored. You’ll still be miles ahead of leasing it - especially with NY tax laws

Would you be interested in a GLE63S Coupe? I have demo that might fit what you are looking for

That’s a decent discount off of list. Unfortunately, the RV is pretty poor for the GLE350 which is out of your control. I would suggest talking to Dez at MB Long Beach or Russ at MB Foothill as they use base MF. They are straight shooters, and based on my experience, they provide the best deals in SoCal. So, if you got this deal from one of them, then its fair. If not, then I would shop it with them.